Wedding Venue Ireland Luxury Accommodation
Home | Accommodation | Dining | Weddings | Meetings & Events | Activities | Gardens | History | Press & Testimonials | Location | Contacts


TempleMichael

In 1183 Raymond le Gros established a Preceptory of Knights Templar at Rhincrew, an out post of which was TempleMichael. The keep was built specifically to control the river crossing.

The now ruined Church of Ireland parish church dates from 1823 it was built with a grant from the Board of the First Fruits, and until about twenty years ago was used for worship.

TempleMichael is open to the public during the spring and summer.

Ballynatray on Facebook
  Ballynatray on Twitter